ROOTSLIFE PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
EFFECTIVE DATE: JULY 1, 2020
To help you understand our data collection and sharing practices regarding personal information collected in the course of a California resident acting as an independent contractor of ROOTSLIFE, LLC, we have identified below the categories of personal information we collect and explained how such information may be used. If you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to access this notice, please contact us at 305-302-9602 or email us at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide this notice in an alternative format.
Please note this notice applies only to individuals residing in the State of California whom we collect “Personal Information” from for the purposes of an independent contractor insurance agent relationship.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on our website, your mobile device, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, and/or over the telephone. More specifically, ROOTSLIFE may collect the following categories of Personal Information from California independent contractors:
|Category||Examples of Personal Information that May Be Collected|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, email address, Social Security number, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Contact information, signature, physical characteristics or description, financial information, or other similar personal information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), citizenship, medical condition, sex, or other similar characteristics of protected classifications.|
|D. Commercial information.||None.|
|E. Biometric information.||None.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website or application.|
|G. Geolocation data.||None.|
|H. Sensory data.||None.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|J. Education information, as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.||None.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||None.|
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a potential insurance quote or seek more information including, but not limited to, seeking information about becoming a state licensed independent contractor insurance agent, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To operate, manage, and maintain regular business activities;
- To provide products and services offered by our contracted life insurance carriers and our independent contractor insurance agents;
- To accomplish our business purposes and objectives;
- To develop, personalize, and market products and services offered by our contracted carriers and our independent contractor insurance agents;
- To facilitate communication;
- To verify your identity;
- To comply with laws, law enforcement and regulatory requirements, legal processes, and internal policies based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes, or opinions; and
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Requests
1909 Tyler St. Suite 401 Hollywood FL 33020